Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Indian of the Year

There is a clutter of awards, almost all the channels have their own Awards. Every channel these days wants to name their own 'Indian of the Year'.

I always wondered do these awards mean alot, something or nothing to the nominees and finally the winner. But the NDTV Indian of the Year (IotY) awards made sense to me.

There are a few reason for that, firstly I have always admired Mr. Pronoy Roy since his World this Week days and secondly NDTV is house to one of the best journalists in India. That includes Rajdeep Sardesai, my favorite TV scribe. I always enjoyed watching the show 'Big Fights' on NDTV. The ceremony was covered comprehensively on NDTV this weekend. I'm so glad we NRIs here can still receive these great Indian channels. I have a DirecTV Open in a new windowsubscription and it works great.

No comments: