Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Run Mumbai Run


Yeah...there's nothing new about Mumbai running. The "city that never sleeps" is notorious for its ultra fast lifestyle. Mumbaikars are known to be a busy breed. After all they are the ones who keep the financial nerve center of India alive.

The Mumbai Marathon 2008 brought together stars and commoners on the streets of the country's commercial and entertainment capital.

Over 30,000 Mumbaikars- celebrities, corporate executives, students, social workers, housewives, even the man on the street, tested their stamina and fitness to drive home the message that 'running is not stressful for the heart'.

Even though she wasn't there, this is what Urmila Matondkar had to say about the Marathon, "For practical reasons, I could not participate in the Mumbai Marathon.But I'd love to. I didn't get time to prepare for it. But I support it wholeheartedly. It means standing up for a cause that's close to your heart. It's like doing your bit to keep the energy and integrity of Mumbai intact."


I saw the coverage of the marathon on NDTV through my DirecTV connection. I'm so glad we can receive Indian channels here in the US!

No comments: