Friday, February 15, 2008

Anju Bobby George bags silver

I didn't even know that the Asian Indoor Athletics Championship is on until I watched the coverage on NDTV 24x7.

Anju Bobby George has won the silver at the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships in Doha. She's already qualified for the Olympics and now her preparations for Beijing have got off to a winning start. The long jumper, en route to her Asian Games silver in December 2006, began with a modest jump of 6.01 meters but her best jump of 6.38 meters was good enough for second place.
I use to participate in Long Jump while I was in schoo. The maximum I could jump is 4.1 meters. AB George must be flying and not jumping to cover a distance of 6+ meters.

Its good that NDTV 24x7 is available in the US or else I would miss all the action from India. the news channel is available in the US through DirecTV. Here is the URL:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1200042

No comments: